The JHSNJ welcomes volunteers of all ages and abilities. The following are some of the activities JHSNJ volunteers participate in:
- Research assistance (Internet searching, indexing, etc.)
- Scanning photographs and documents
- Compiling attendee lists with addresses from events guestbook for future mailings
- Assisting with the reorganization of the archives (moving and relabeling boxes)
- Performing basic preservation tasks (preservation photocopying, placing photos in sleeves, etc.)
- Maintaining collections by updating biographical and reference files
To sign up to volunteer for the JHSNJ, please fill out the Volunteer Application and submit it to Jill Hershorin, JHSNJ Archivist, 901 Route 10 East, Whippany, NJ, 07981.